Most Filipino professionals spend majority of their day in the office and on the road. Since traffic seems to get worse each year it begins to take a toll on most Filipino employees. There appears to be no real solution in sight for the worsening traffic problem. However, employers can help make the workplace a better environment so employees look forward to going to work. It becomes more important to make the workplace an exciting, motivating, and enjoyable.
Now, how can we make the workplace a positive and great place to work?
Here are some key and useful factors to consider.
1. The workplace should have an employee-centric culture where employees feel safe and secure.
2. It should allow employees to improve themselves, grow, and learn.
3. It should be open providing employees the opportunity to share new ideas and explore new ways to solve problems and take risks.
4. The workplace should always encourage ‘Bayanihan’ or team spirit promoting participation, collaboration, and team work.
5. The workplace should provide opportunities to recognize employees for their contributions and be given meaningful rewards.
6. It should create an environment where people are encouraged to take ownership of their work and given the freedom and flexibility for making decisions about their work.
Making the workplace a great place to work will motivate employees to do their best in their job and contribute to the success of any company. Having a great place to work will make great employees become even better.